Monday, 10 May 2010

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Due to their being more members in my preliminary task group, I did not get that much chance of editing and filming.

As I have worked alone in my media product, I have learnt various factors on creating a movie.

I have learnt about different shot types, and what shots work well together, and how to edit them to make them quicker or slower, I also realised the importance of getting the actual shots right and not too rush.

I also changed the lighting of shots to make them fit together in sequence.

A main thing that I have learned in about technologies, such as LiveType and garage band.

The importance of hearing the voice clearly has had a major impact on my film, therefore I realised the importance of having a voice recorder, to re-do any sound you could not hear but also for a voice-over which adds exposition.

I had to plan my shots carefully and what was needed to be said by my actors and actresses.

Also how to create a realistic killing, without it appearing to be a "joke." I did this by using a point of view shot, so you did not actually see the knife, just the arm movement, therefore I used a water bottle, as it made it much more realistic, as my killer was frightened of hurting the actor he was pretending to stab.

Although, I feel if I were to ever create a movie again, I have realised that I should start planning even earlyer on, I changed my idea a few times which was a problem, and alot of the footage was filmed late therefore it was hard for me to gain rough cuts and audience feedback.

I now value the importance of planning and getting shots done, so you can improve on them.

I also made sure there was no background noise. I also took many shots of each clip, so I had a variety too choose from, I could edit them together and work which clips worked best with each.

I used a voice-over to add exposition.


                                   
Original Video - More videos at TinyPic
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment