- With "Laurie Strode" the final girl from Halloween I have decided to also give my female character a uni-sex name, to give the idea of strength and as much power and males, connoting she will be the final survivor.
- The area that I have filmed in is quite discrete, to connote that no-one is around to help, this is similar to the film Cherry Falls.
- I am also going to do shots of the scenery at the beginning, to set the scene, and to maybe give a false impression of what is going to happen, again like in Cherry Falls
- I have made my film quite modern, using teenagers and a car, this is seen in many films for instance, Tormented and Cry Wolf.
- I am also going to use a "spooky" music, with a change in beat when the murder happens, to create tension.
- I have used the name "Jason" as my killer, this is also the same name as the killer in Friday the 13th
- I have used Serif font, in red, for my titles connoting horror, this is seen in many films, such as Trick or Treat
- I used the idea of stabbing a cantaloupe melon for the stabbing sound effect, as this is what Alfred Hitchcock did in the horror Psycho. (However due to my killing being far away and a point of view shot, it was too far away to include the sound, there was also only one stab in my killing.)
Tuesday, 16 March 2010
Genre Research and Intertextual Links
After researching common codes and conventions of general horror films, I have taken note on how these are achieved and incorporated them into the opening two minutes of my film.